The study team has compiled the resources on this page to help support stakeholders in Hancock, Harrison, and Jackson Counties as they work to understand, plan for, and mitigate their flood risk.
- To locate the currently effective flood maps for your area on the FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC) by entering an address, visit the Search by Address page on the MSC.
- As an alternative to viewing flood maps on the MSC, you can view the National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer for effective digital flood hazard data where it is available.
- For information about flood insurance, visit the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Visit Ready.gov to start developing a plan for flood events.
- Learn how to protect your home from flooding with low-cost projects you can do yourself.
- Check to see if your community is affected by the Coastal Barrier Resources Act. Visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s CBRS Mapper to view the Coastal Barrier Resources System boundaries for your area.
- For more information about sea level rise, visit the Northern Gulf of Mexico Sentinel Site Cooperative’s website.